A hard lump just started developing on my inner thigh. I can't pop it. Its very painful though. What could it be?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Thigh lesion

You most likely have an inflamed epidermoid cyst or an abscess on your thigh.
The epidermoid cyst needs to be surgically removed including the capsule or it will grow back. An abscess needs to be drained and you need to be placed on antibiotics. See you local dermatologist for treatment.

In brief: Thigh lesion

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Martin Raff
Sometimes a muscle tear will cause similar lesions.
Dr. Harris Cohen

In brief: Lump

A painful lump in this area is often an abscess -- you need to see your physician to be examined and to discuss treatment options, which may include incision and drainage and/or antibiotics.

In brief: Lump

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen