I am (almost) constantly having a cold. What can I do to boost my immune system ?

Dr. David Kam
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Yes you can!
Adequate sleep and rest (7-8 hours per night), learn how to relax with yoga or meditation: stress releases cortisol, a hormone for flight or fight that will inhibit your immune system! clean your hands with soap or sanitizing hand cleaners.
Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth after touching things like public elevator buttons and things other people have touched! normal bmi is important too!

In brief: Yes you can!
Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam
Dr. Yash Khanna
First of all i need to know what you mean by having cold.If the symptoms are confined to upper respiratory tract then it may be allergy and you need to find out what you are allergic to.It can be done by skin testing or blood test.I agree if these are infectious colds then you can take pracautions as suggested by DrGarciaProper nutrition and zinc and vitC are controversal but may be tried
David Miller
In brief: Healthy lifestyle
First get tested for allergies.
If that's not the issue, the best way to boost your immune system is by a healthy lifestyle. Eat a well-balanced diet, get plenty of sleep and exercise, work hard at achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Beyond that, supplements such as zinc and echinacia have been helpful to some, but are no substitute for the aforementioned advise.

In brief: Healthy lifestyle
First get tested for allergies.
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Susan McCreadie
Would also add probiotics and cod liver oil with vitamin D daily - these 3 supplements have great research to back their effectiveness in boosting a healthy immune system.
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: No magic pill
Many people are looking for some "magic pill" to "boost their immune system".
There is no such pill. However, there is a way to boost your immune system, live a healthy lifestyle. Proper diet, proper sleep- wake cycles, healthy environment, proper exercise are the foundation of good health and good immune health. Supplements should be used selectively to supplement a healthy diet.

In brief: No magic pill
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Armstrong
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Allergy test
I am going to guess that your "constant cold" is really a year round allergy.
Nasal steroids prescribed by your physician, supplemented by antihistamines over the counter when necessary, are the mainstay of treatment. If this does not work, consult an allergist or an ENT physician who provides allergy testing.

In brief: Allergy test
Dr. Michael Armstrong
Dr. Michael Armstrong
Dr. Adam Smith