I found a lump in my right armpit oblong shape and it is sensitive to touch. There is a much smaller lump in my left armpit. I'm 34 female. Any ideas?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Hidradenitis supp.

You may just have 'sebaceous cysts' or another condition called 'hidradenitis suppurativa' which occurs deep in the skin around oil (sebaceous) glands and hair follicles.
The parts of the body affected — armpits (axilla) and groin, for example — are also the main locations of apocrine sweat glands. For pictures and treatment goto: www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/hidradenitissuppurativa/ds00818c.

In brief: Hidradenitis supp.

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Jane Van Dis