What helps swelling from a broken nose?

Nose fracture. Ice packs are helpful to reduce swelling. Head elevation also helps. Afrin nasal spray cvan be used to help the nasal congestion which is usually present for a few days. Be sure to be checked by an ENT within 5-7 days after the swelling goes down to see if surgery is needed. If you wait more than 10-14 days, surgery may be much more difficult and invasive.
Broken nose. if the break is recent, basic things like keeping your head elevated and using cool compresses may help help with the swelling. Be sure to have your nose evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon with expertise in nasal procedures.
Head elevation, ice. Keep your head elevated above your heart while resting or sleeping and apply iced gauze or light ice packs to the area.
Swelling broken nose. The only think which can help swelling of broken noe is ice locally in the first 48 hours.