I punctured my arm on a bromeliad thorn. Now several weeks later I have a hard lump under the skin like a large bb. It is slightly painful?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: See a doctor
It is possible that you have one of several types of infection with inoculation of organisms into you by the thorn.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Foreign body
What probably happened is the tip of the thorn broke off inside your skin, leaving a foreign body (similar to a sliver).
Sooner or later your skin will expel it, if it's not in too deep. If it is too deep, or you don't want to wait, a doctor (preferably a dermatologist) can remove it for you.

In brief: Foreign body
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern