If I bite my tongue a lot and make it bleed could this cause swollen cervical and jaw lymph nodes that stay swollen since I keep doing this?

Dr. Barry Levin
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Maybe

If you bite your tongue frequently, you are providing entry points for bacteria from your mouth, teeth and gums.
If you have gingivitis or periodontitis or other oral infections, you can infect your tongue. This could be the cause of swollen lymph nodes. See your dentist for a comprehensive dental evaluation and your family doctor for evaluation of the cervical lymphadnopathy.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

That is a sign of infection and it is highly recommended to see a doctor asap.

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Umesh Patel