I feel like I have a rock in my throat..... Tums (calcium carbonate)?

Globus sensation? Sounds like you experience the feeling of a ball or lump in the back of your throat that you have to swallow past? If so, this is "globus." alternatively, you may have laryngo-esophaeal reflux without heartburn. Sometimes, the actual swallowing mechanism may be impaired due to "spasms" or dysmotility. A gastroenterologist or ear-nose-throat specialist is a good starting point for evaluation.
LPR. With feeling something like a rock in your throat, it is possible that you have reflux and Tums (calcium carbonate) might certainly be helpful. Other common symptoms include frequent throat clearing and some gravely quality to the voice. Heart burn is not common with this problem, but it certainly could get this. Recommended treatments include antacids (tums), h2 blockers (zantac, etc) and drugs like omeprazole.