What's causes type 2 diabetes? My mom is type 1 i'm 208pds 5"7 34 age an go to the gym 7 days a week.. Can I fight this an go away? Do I have chance

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Genes + obesity
Diabetes mellitus, type 1 that mom has, is an inherited disorder of insufficient insulin, is diagnosed at young age, requires Insulin therapy.
Type 2 adult onset, usually is combo genetic/family hx + obesity.Your bmi is 31--normal is 20-26, sorry u r 'obese'. Exercise is healthy, but need to lose @ 35 lbs in a supervised program. Will suggest program in virtual practice soon.

In brief: Genes + obesity
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Lose weight, keep
Exercising daily, get yourself to about 150-170 and you'll have better than 50-50 chance not to become diabetic before you turn 45.
Otherwise, your chance are better than 80% you will.

In brief: Lose weight, keep
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Thomas Rohde
General Practice
In brief: Absolutely
Lots of reasons! first - sugar in any form is inflammatory.
Carbs that turn into sugar the same. Look at a paleolithic diet - we weren't meant to eat the quantity of carbs/grains/sugars we have access to in our diets! second toxins - heavy metals like lead and mercury are metabolic poisons. Find an anti-aging doctor to do a urine chelation challenge test to see what you have stored and get it out!

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: You are doing good
This question is posted twice.
.Please see my answer on this question below... Good luck.

In brief: You are doing good
This question is posted twice.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Adam Smith