I have vitiligo spots on the two corners of my lip. No had a biopsy done to confirm. Applied cutivate ointment for 6 weeks but no changenext options?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Tacrolimus...
...Ointment may be helpful, according to some studies (requires prescription).
If still no improvement, you should have some blood tests to rule out any internal causes. Vitiligo is very difficult to treat in any case; there may not be an effective treatment in your case. If not, special makeups such as covermark and dermablend are quite effective in concealing it.

In brief: Tacrolimus...
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Pathology
In brief: Vitiligo
Anyone who told you that an ointment would be expected to "cure" vitiligo was overly optimistic.
Many people with vitiligo don't mind it at all. "You pay more for a two-color chassis." Sub-sub-specialists in vitiligo exist, and you might track one down, but I'd urge you simply to accept this as something distinctive for yourself. Best wishes.

In brief: Vitiligo
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Tattooing
True vitiligo will likely not respond to topical or oral steroids.
..The area is depleted of the melanin producing cells thus that area cannot tan. Thus, for cosmetic reason, tattooing is probably the cheapest option....But make sure you get a good artist who can match color and blend it in... Good luck.

In brief: Tattooing
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Mitchell Bressack
Dermatology
In brief: Excimer laser
Vitiligo is a difficult condition, and there is no cure or treatment that works on everyone.
Treatment options include topical corticosteroids (like cutivate), other topical medications (like Protopic or elidel), and ultraviolet therapy (with excimer laser uvb being most effective. But any vitiligo treatment can take as much as 6 months to show improvement.

In brief: Excimer laser
Dr. Mitchell Bressack
Dr. Mitchell Bressack