Can hearing impairment and/or sensitivity occur in eds?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Very rare.

I have looked and read though several reviews, and find no mention of auditory problems.
I would think it might be possible through increased laxity of the ear drums, but in the two reviews i read, no mention of this in elhers-danlos.

In brief: Very rare.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Not sure...

If eds is ehlors-danlos syndrome, then there is not usually an association with hearing loss.
However, there are a wide variety of reasons that you might have hearing problems. See your local ENT for a hearing test and discussion of the results. If your hearing loss is one-sided, associated with ringing or dizziness, or came on suddenly, i would try and be seen sooner rather than later.

In brief: Not sure...

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Very uncommon!

I did not believe it to be common, but after reviewing the literature reviews on eds, it is not listed as a problem. It would be very, very, uncommon.

In brief: Very uncommon!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey