When I wear high heels my middle toe goes numb, what could it be?

In brief: They might
Narrow fitting shoes or high heels can put a lot of force in the ball of the foot.
This causes pinching of the interdigital nerves, and if irritated enough might lead to a neuroma. This can cause numbness, or can cause intense pain. Shoes with lower heels and have room for the toes are idea. If this persists see a podiatrist.

In brief: They might
Dr. Joseph Newman
Dr. Joseph Newman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Toe-numbing disease
That was tongue-in-cheek answer. Thoroughly amazes me that women not only wear high heels, but walk in 'em. Certainly, they've become a symbol of feminine sex appeal, perhaps by lengthening the appearance of legs.
That most women don't have some toe pain or pressure numbness-from simply changing center of gravity from arch to toes-amazes me. It seems they're weapons--used to shoot self in foot-:).

In brief: Toe-numbing disease
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Nerve related
Possible nerve compression or neuroma.

In brief: Nerve related
Possible nerve compression or neuroma.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Eric Weisman