I m 30 n noticed blood in my spit n have stopped smoking for 3 days. There is still blood although not that much now. Will my condition heal itself?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Seek health care
You need to see a doctor. You could just have bronchitis (an infection) but it could also be much more serious.

In brief: Seek health care
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Depends...
Congrats on not smoking! blood in your sputum, called hemoptysis, is a symptom which always requires a doctor evaluation.
The most likely diagnosis causing it is bronchitis but malignancy needs to be ruled out, especially in a smoker. Continue with smoking cessation but get this checked out asap!

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Michael Erickson
General Practice
In brief: See a Doctor
First off, congratulations for quitting smoking.
Even 3 days has reduced your risk of cancer and vascular complications related to smoking. It is important to identify where the blood is coming from. Is it gums, from a cough, or sores in the mouth? Smoking has immunosupressive properties and may cause sores. Talk to your doctor so you can determine the seriousness and identify a treatment.

In brief: See a Doctor
Michael Erickson
Michael Erickson
Answer assisted by Michael Erickson, Medical Student
Dr. Marsha Davis