I clean my ears on a regular basis yet they have a greasy shine to them and an occational zits. What should I do?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Nothing...

You are not supposed to clean out your ears too much.
..Q-tips are only meant for gentle cleansing the crevices of your ears, not in the canals. Earwax is made for a reason--to protect your ears. Excessive daily cleansing strips off the protective oil/grease/wax and predisposes to other problems such as sore/crackings/eczematous changes, itching/excoriations etc.. If worse, consult doc... Good luck.

In brief: Nothing...

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Misconception

Compulsive cleaning of the ear canals is a misconception handed down from generation to generation.
The ear canal skin always migrates from inside to the outside. This cerumen ((wax) is healthy and lubricates the ear canal and is anti-bacterial. Do not use q-tips. It is potentially dangerous and is the cause of impacted wax and infections of the ear canal. Irrigate if necessary.

In brief: Misconception

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel