When on bc my period is nonstop for 3-4months w/ 2weeks between. Does that mean I wont be able to concieve? What would I have to do to concieve?

Dr. Laurence Fakinos

In brief: OCP's

If you're having prolonged periods on birth control pills, you probably just need to find a different pill.
It does not mean that you are infertile. See your gynecologist for evaluation and probably a change in your rx.

In brief: OCP's

Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Mila McManus

In brief: Needs further eval

You should not be bleeding while on birth control pills.
You should see your doctor for a change in medications, and check blood work to check hormone levels, make sure you aren't anemic, etc. And may require ultrasound to see if there's another reason you are bleeding (e.g. Uterine fibroid). When ready, if periods are normal once off the pills, you should be able to conceive. I hope this helps!

In brief: Needs further eval

Dr. Mila McManus
Dr. Mila McManus
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham