I have gargled. With apple vinegar and. Ate yogart for a week the wht is gone but my toung is so painful and red. Help?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Referring to Thrush?
I assume you are referring to thrush-question above.
.Using the vinegar may have helped getting rid of the white patches, but it is acidic and may have caused more inflammation/redness, thus more pain (red, sore tongue =?Glossitis). You may need both antifungal med and some steroid. Since your symptoms seem quite bothersome, consult your doc for treatment asap. There're many treatments! good luck.

In brief: Referring to Thrush?
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
oral lichen planus is a possible cause as well..it is usually a chronic autoimmune disease with symptoms wax/wane etc...some meds cause that as well. Treatment is usualy aim at controlling the symptoms and preventing recurrence. Topical steroid rinses are often effective. Lisa, I would see doc for an eval for this.. good luck.
Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dentistry
In brief: Yeast infection
Sounds like thrush.
Have you taken any antifungal medication? Using the medication in conjunction with probiotics will relieve the pain and prevent future outbreaks. Seek the help of your physician or dentist.

In brief: Yeast infection
Sounds like thrush.
Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dr. Pamela Asseff