So I should stop docusate sodium, and start magnezium 250mg, aren't both of them laxatives. And how long I should stay with magnesium?

Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: Both help BM's

By increasing the water content of stool, making it softer and easier to pass.
There should not be used longer than a few days without being under the care of a physician.Magnesium might be a little stronger.

In brief: Both help BM's

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: I don't know illness

In general, for long term laxative use, MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) is recommended or something on the order of metamucil, but it depends on the condition you are treating, this is an important issue that you should discuss with your family doctor or GI doctor because there are medically dangerous conditions that can cause constipation and your should never treat constipation without being under a doctor;s care.

In brief: I don't know illness

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Adam Smith