Is sleep apnea considered a disease?

Dr. John Feola

In brief: R/O OSA

YES IT IS: OSA DX by history and physical.
Excess snoring/daytime sleepiness/apneic episodes/ aM headaches. And the Exam obesity/small oral airway/collar size>18. The definitive test is a PSG with split night/CPAP titration. I would request copy of sleep study and get a second opinion if you are not satisfied with the options. You are young CPAP can be difficult to use.ENT CONSULT FOR UPP EVAL.

In brief: R/O OSA

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

Sleep apnea has association with hypertension, stroke, worsening diabtes if remains untreated for a long time especially in one who has severe sleep apnea.
Snoring, daytime sleepiness, fatigue and witness apnea are the common symptoms many have and get evaluated if one sufferes from the similar sleep symptoms.

Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Raphael Peralta

Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. Raphael Peralta