Are there any permanent treatment for lower back pain?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: No

Nothing that is a guarantee.
Start simple with rest, ice and nsaids. Epidural steroid injections may help. Physical therapy to strengthen your abdominal core muscles may help.

In brief: No

Nothing that is a guarantee.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Not really

Depends on the cause of it.
A lot of causes of low back pain are not in the spine. Can be gastrointestinal, gentiourinary in nature, vascular, retroperitoneal, renal related, weight related, etc. Those could be addressed if the offend pathology is identified and taken care of. Spine related back pain if properly identified can respond well to conservative treatment, pt, nsaids, see you doctor.

In brief: Not really

Depends on the cause of it.
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
There is no perfect cure for chronic back pain, yet with operative and non-operative treatments I have seen significant long term relief in my patients. Unfortunately, with whatever long term relief is acheived, we can't expect the back to return to a normal non-pathologic anatomic condition.
Dr. Vikram Patel