Is having a little spit in mucus during the morning a serious cause for concern for a 30 yr old (smoker)? I have stoped for 2 days can I observe more?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Spit in mucus smoker

No it is not cause for concern if there is no blood in it.
Smoking causes irritatin of the inner lining of bronchi and that produces phlegm or mucus and most smokers have that in the morning and some throughout the day.It is a good idea to stop smoking as you are only 30 years old.So good decision and stay of the cigarettes.

In brief: Spit in mucus smoker

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Escalators working!

Congrats on stopping smoking.
Now that you've stopped, the escalators in your airways are working again, carting up gunk to be spit out, this is normal and will get better.

In brief: Escalators working!

Congrats on stopping smoking.
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Vicken Poochikian