I am 5 weeks post op (hip fai & labral tears). My pt is not aggressive but for a couple of days after pt, i get painful burst of pain in the groin ?

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Probably part of

Recovery. Bring this up to your surgeon.
The fact that the location of the pain is in the region of your body where the surgery pain should be, and the fact that it is not constant is reassuring. But still make sure your surgeon knows how you are progressing with pt, and recovery. The hip joint is localized in the groin region.....

In brief: Probably part of

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Brian Badman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Normal

You just had a big surgery.
The location of your pain is normal and probably related to gradual motion thru a joint that was just burred and had bone removed (fai). I would just talk to your surgeon if your pain persists or worsens over the next 3-4 months. This surgery will take you a year to recoup from.

In brief: Normal

You just had a big surgery.
Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine