Should I be concerned when every time I stand up my lower arms and hands get stiff and a pins and needles feeling? I also have episodes of tachycardia

Michael Erickson
General Practice

In brief: See a Doctor

When we stand, there is a change in blood pressure.
It drops when we move from sitting or laying down to standing. To compensate for this momentary drop in blood pressure, the heart beats faster. "pins and needles" feeling may be a sign of peripheral vascular issues. Since you experience this while standing up you may have an orthostatic hypotention. Your doctor can help you identify the cause.

In brief: See a Doctor

Michael Erickson
Michael Erickson
Answer assisted by Michael Erickson, Medical Student
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: Circulation?

If your arms and hands get stiff and you have tachycardia at the same time, have your doctor check for either a systemic or brain blood flow problem. If the tachycardia is unrelated, the arm symptoms may indicate some form of nerve compression.
If so, see a neurologist.

In brief: Circulation?

If so, see a neurologist.
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith