I was diagnosed with costochondritis last april and i'm stiil suffering from chest pain. I'll stop taking arcoxia, dolcet and celebrex (celecoxib). What to do?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

I have found in my patients with costochondritis that Gabapentin works far better than antiinflamatory meds.
Surgery is not necessary. This can be treated without it.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Peter Ihle
my answer was 4 those with 1 level disease and failed all else.
Dr. Laura Martin

In brief: Chest Pain

Was there an activity such as weight lifting that started this? If so then you need to reduce or stop the activity in addition to the medication.
But generally costochondritis goes away before now. I think that you need additional evaluation and if no other cause is found for your pain then physical therapy.

In brief: Chest Pain

Dr. Laura Martin
Dr. Laura Martin
Dr. Peter Ihle
my answer was 4 those who failed all else & have not improved. not the 1st choice but the last available.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 1 level ?

If 1 level, c a thoracic/chest surgeon.
A simple resection will solve the problem. If multiple levels c the same & get an underlying problem diagnosed.

In brief: 1 level ?

If 1 level, c a thoracic/chest surgeon.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
this answer was specifically 4 those who have failed all conservative means. not the 1st treatment of choice, but as a last resort.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology