Does a social anxiety disorder have to have physical symptoms?

Yes. By definition ''anxiety'' , whatever the cause feels like fear without a clearly known cause. Different combination and degree vary with the individual from mild to severely restricting one's life. People describe -in no particular order- dizziness, tingling in lips and/or lips, nausea, foreboding, preoccupation, ''freezing up'', urge to evacuate bladder and or bowel, blurred vision. Be referred.
It would be difficul. To have anxiety without some physical symptoms.