How can I reduce pain from polycystic ovary syndrome?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: First find cause

Pcos typically is painless medical condition.
The only concern that may exit that is related to pcos may be a ovarian cyst that is large enough to cause torsion (self twisting). Assuming that your pain is pelvic in origin, you may also be ovulating (if receiving therapy) which can also cause temporary pain (called mittelschmerz). My advise is to seek medical evaluation to find cause of your pain.

In brief: First find cause

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Evaluate further

Pelvic pain is not classically associated with pcos, and is likely unrelated.
You should talk with your doctor (or a doctor you trust) about further possible causes of pain.

In brief: Evaluate further

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: PCOS not painful

Polycystic ovarian syndrome can cause irregular menstrual cycles or no periods, acne, oily skin or hair growth (often facial or stomach).
Some women have some of these issues, some have regular cycles / no symptoms. Pelvic pain may be due to ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection, fibroids, scar tissue or vaginismus . Your ob/gyn or a reproductive endocrinologist can evaluate and treat you.

In brief: PCOS not painful

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Adam Levy