My mom is addicted to playing cards, it causes several problems in my home. She has lost all the money saved, how can we stop her from this addiction?

Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Gambling addiction

You cannot make her stop, but you can get help through gamanon, the companion group to gamblers anonymous.
In the same way that al-anon helps family members of an alcoholic, whether or not the alcoholic is in aa, gamanon can help you whether your mother goes to ga or not.

In brief: Gambling addiction

Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Gambler's Anonymous

You may want to contact gambler's anonymous and see if they have any ideas on how to approach your mom to get her into a more sane mind set.

In brief: Gambler's Anonymous

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian