Could bipolar disorder change your appetite?

Yes - Treatment Also. Yes, people with bipolar disorder can have shifts in their appetite that can lead to either weight loss or weight gain. At the same time, medicines that are used to treat bipolar disorder can also affect appetite, so this needs to be monitored as well.
Bipolar & appetite. Bipolar in manic phase can cause increased food consumption, so does some mood stabilizers such as lithium or depakote, also in depressed phase a good no. Of patients tend to eat more to boost their energy up.