Are bad joint pain and fatigue possibly linked to pantoprazole?

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Yes. Serious?

Pantoprazole (protonix) has been linked to arthralgias (joint pains) and rarely to blood dyscrasias (abnormalities), liver disease etc this might be serious.
Stop now and see your md if problems persist.

In brief: Yes. Serious?

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Yes and No

Pantoprazole (prilosec) has been linked to arthralgia (joint pain) but not to fatigue.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Rare

I believe studies have shown that joint pain occurred in about 2% of people taking the drug and about 1% in those taking placebo.
I believe fatigue is also unlikely. These are rare side effects to the drug but we know every patient is different.

In brief: Rare

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Steven Seres