Could this be arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome if I only have pain when typing?

Could be either. Carpal tunnel can be associated with aching pain in the wrist and fingers and/or numbness and tingling usually in the thumb, index and middle finger. The symptoms usually are more noticeable when the wrist is either cocked up, say when driving or bent under when our hand and wrist are under a pillow while sleeping. Nerve conduction tests are very reliable in making this diagnosis.
They both could. Carpal tunnel syndrome which occurs in the hands after repetitive activities of the hands can cause pain but numbness and tingling are usually more prominent in the 1st 4 fingers of either hand and can wake you up at night. Arthritis can also cause pain you are describing and would be more likely if swelling, redness or warmth is present. Overuse syndromes can cause similar pain. Rest the hand.
Difficult to say. This would be difficult to say. Normally, carpal tunnel syndrome is associated with numbness in the fingers more than pain. Arthritis can develop in the hand and could cause pain when typing, however, at your age, I would say that arthritis is unlikely. My best advice would be to see a health care professional to help establish a diagnosis.
It could be either. Carpal tunnel usually causes pain and numbness in a certain area of the hand. It can present with just pain. Arthritis should only cause pain. Furthermore, other conditions can cause pain with typing, eg tendinitis. The bottom line, go to your doctor to get it checked out if it is bothering you or limiting your recreational or occupational activities.