What is intense pulsed light therapy (ipl)?

Photorejuvenation. Ipl is a filtered light device that is effective in removing brown spots and blood vessels, good for treating sun damaged, acne and rosacea skin. With properly filtered wavelength, and used in conjunction with a medication, this can also be used medically to treat precancerous and selected skin cancers. Ipl is not for everyone. See your dermatologist for evaluation.
Helps pigment issues. Ipl is light energy which is used to address pigment problems such as sunspots, acne, rosacea and blood vessel problems. Here at TLC aesthetics tampa, we have the ability to provide ipl treatments and adjust the wavelength(energy level) depending on what pigment we want to target-providing a safer and more controlled treatment.
Targets pigment. Ipl or intense pulsed light uses a flash lamp for a light source that is filtered or transmitted through specific lenses that target brown and red pigment. It is ideal for age spots, small vessels and sun damage of the face, neck, upper chest and back of the hands. Multiple treatments are usually necessary. www.artofplasticsurgery.com.
Pulsed light therapy. Ipl stands for intense pulsed light. Other terms used for this procedure are: intelligent pulsed light, broad band light and photofacial. The treatment consists of delivering an intense pulse of light of a certain wave length to target pigment. Brown spots darken, come to the surface and flake off. Small blood vessels and red blotches can also improve with this treatment.
High intensity light. It is a procedure with producing high intensity light in a short period of time for removal of vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, and hair removal.
Broad spectrum light. Sometimes medications are used along with the light in a procedure call photodynamic therapy (ptd). Ptd improves the response to ipl treament. Ptd can be used to treat precancerous skin changes such as actinic keratosis as well as acne, wrinkles, warts, rosacea, psoriasis etc. In fact ptd is currently being investigated as a potential treatment for lung, cervical and prostate cancer.
Broad spectrum light. Intense pulsed light (ipl) is a type of light therapy used to treated light damaged skin, remove hair, improve skin color and appearance. It is different from laser in that very bright light of different wavelengths is used brief periods of time to treat multiple types of skin problems at once. Skin problems that can be treated include excess hair, brown spots, red splotches, acne.