How many teeth ned to be pulled if I have crowded teeth. And am getting braces?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Up to Orthodontist
The only person to accurately answer this question for you is your orthodontist, as each situation you described is unique to the individual.

In brief: Up to Orthodontist
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: The least
After careful diagnostic records are reviewed and a best plan for that individuals treatment is established: the only removal criteria to be considered is the least amount of teeth to be able to create a beautiful alignment, in the context of facial proportions for the patient and in such a way as to allow for the most effective and healthful occlusion (bite) of their teeth.

In brief: The least
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
I typically have to remove a tooth or teeth in about 20% of my patients. For them, it is a way to establish all of the above goals. My father (an orthodontist for 50 years) used to tell me over and over: "once a tooth is removed, you can't put it back" not even 1 millisecond later! Only remove those teeth that will truly allow for a beautifully treated mouth.
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dentistry
In brief: Need full exam first
A full exam with proper x-rays, photos and models is needed before anyone can say for sure.
It will also depend on the current health of all your teeth and gums. For instance, it may be better to remove a tooth weakened by bone loss now, get the others properly aligned, and then replace whatever is necessary after braces.

In brief: Need full exam first
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Depends
1 or more. Depends on where the crowding is located, the amount of crowding, and all the other diagnostic factors.
Sometimes crowding can be resolved without extraction. See a qualified orthodontic specialist for evaluation and accurate answer that pertains to you.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
In brief: Consult
See an orthodontist for a consult.
Sometimes straightening teeth with braces requires no teeth to be pulled. Other times it does. It depends on what you and your orthodontist decide is the best treatment for you.

In brief: Consult
See an orthodontist for a consult.
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Cindy Juster