What is proptosis?

See an eye doctor. If one or both of the eyes bulge forward, this is called proptosis. This requires an eye doctor to evaluate, usually also with imaging of the orbits (tissue surrounding the eyes).
Proptosis. It is a forward displacement (ie bulging) of one eye. There are many causes. I recommend having it evaluating by an ophthalmologist.
Bulging of the eyes. Proptosis is a condition in which the eyes bulge out. It can be caused by a number of conditions, including grave's disease. It it is one sided, it may indicate a mass behind the eye. If this is a new finding, it warrants careful evaluation by your physician.