Is high cholesterol considered a form of heart or vessel disease?

Vessel problem. Cholesterol lines up on your artery wall builiding up slowly over time. Hard cholesterol forms plaques and eventually if it gets to be too much, the vessel narrows and you have a stroke or heart attack. Soft plaque can break off and clog off a narrowing causing the same problems. Eating well, exercising, medications and supplements can help.
No, but........ No, but elevated amounts of bad cholesterol (ldl-c) and/or triglycerides are significant risk factors for heart disease, vascular disease, and stroke. Low amounts of good cholesterol (hdl-c) are also a risk factor, even if the ldl-c and triglycerides are normal.