Should I start my teeth whitening course before I go to the hygienist at the dentists?

In brief: Preventive Dental RX

If you trust the products you will be using and know how to use them correctly, it shouldn't matter whether you perform a pre-emptive strike on your discolored teeth.
Your dentist will have a more industrial strength supplies, techniques and knowledge base to improve your situation more efficiently.

In brief: Preventive Dental RX

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Better if after.

The cleaning your hygienist does will remove the acquired, or surface stains on your teeth as well as the tartar.
Now, when you whiten, the gel will be in better contact with the tooth surface and should be more effective.

In brief: Better if after.

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Srijan Mehta
General Practice

In brief: No

I would advice you to go see the dentist first and then start and discuss the product you are going to use with your dentist before you start.

In brief: No

Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Cindy Juster