I know this sounds silly but I am so worried I may have ovarian cancer?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Ovarian cancer

It is not silly to worry about ovarian cancer.
As you know, there is really no specific sign or symptom that is related to ovarian cancer. No proven diagnostic tools or blood tests that we can use to screen for ovarian cancer. In early stage patient usually is asymptomatic and symptoms will present in later stage. So, if you are concern-please dont delay- see your gynecologist for further work-up.

In brief: Ovarian cancer

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: The future

I could imagine that home based ultrasound will allow detection of ovarian cancer early.
Technology is advancing every week. Even tom cruise has noticed years ago. But not ready for prime yet.

In brief: The future

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Pathology

In brief: Ultrasound

It is not silly to be concerned because ovarian cancer does not have any specific symptoms and signs in early stages.
Please consult your doctor to see if ultrasound examination, a non-invasive test, or other examinations may be warranted.

In brief: Ultrasound

Dr. Peter Kurzweil