Metacarpal spiral fracture -- cast or splint?

Either one ma y be. Used. If the fracture is felt to be potentially unstable a cast may be more likley selected if it is felt that the full time presence of that cast vs. The tendency to remove a splint make a difference . The issue with spiral fractures is to check rotation by genty making a fist to make sure the finger is not rotated and needing of a reduction or surgery ( internal fixation ).
Depends. Depends on 1) which metacarpal and 2) the degree of displacement involving the angulation, rotation and shortening. You must be evaluated by an orthopedist for proper treatment options ranging from simple cast/brace to surgery.