Can masturbation cause pelvic pain?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Generally,no

However, if there is a vaginal, cervical, or fallopian tube infection there may be pain associated with the masturbation process.
See a gyn if it continues.

In brief: Generally,no

See a gyn if it continues.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology

In brief: Maybe

If the masturbation is vigorous and causing irritation to the tissue it could cause certain types of pelvic pain.
However masturbation and sexual activity can cause increase blood flow to genital tissue thus help with certain types of pelvic pain. I recommend seeing a pelvic pain specialist for further evaluation

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: No

Not likely. Insertion of a foreign object into the vagina could however.

In brief: No

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Peter Kurzweil