How can a dentist fix a slight overbite?

Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Invisalign

Invisalign can be a good solution for a slight overbite.

In brief: Invisalign

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
2 comments
Dr. David Schleimer
Although braces can do it faster, more accurately, and by extruding the right teeth and intruding the right teeth. Invisalign is a capitulation to mediocrity for cosmetic reasons. One persons' opinion. No hurt feelings, please.
Dr. James Wright
I understand the comment and a Dentistist's reservations based or previous Invisalign technology. Invisalign has made a lot of progress in the past few years, with the use of elastics, to facilitate extrusion. Intrusion has always been an Invisalign treatment option. Invisalign in 2012 exhibits both speed, accuracy & predictable results, with the benefit to the patient, of root resorption (root loss) being minimized by their orthodontic movements. Invisalign is an industry leader & they have continually improved their technology, to the benefit of Dentists & Patients. I believe in being open to new procedures, new technologies & advancements in order to bring my patients the best available leading edge options & solutions.
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Align or restore

An overbite measures the vertical relationship of the upper teeth to the lower teeth.
An overjet measures the horizontal relationship of the upper teeth to the lower teeth. In an ideal bite, a patient should have some overbite and overjet. Your dentist will be able to evaluate your occlusion (or the way your upper and lower teeth fit together) to determine if is is dentally acceptable & esthetic.

In brief: Align or restore

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Orthodontic Rx

Normal vertical and horizontal overbites are each about 2mm. If front teeth are out of position it sometimes means that back teeth are also out of position.
Overbites can be corrected non-surgically (braces to move teeth where they fit and function best) or surgically (reshape). Ask your dentist to refer you to an orthodontic specialist for an evaluation.

In brief: Orthodontic Rx

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman

In brief: I wouldn't

It depends on your definition of slight and overbite.
Some can be treated orthodontically, and some can be treated with restorations. To me, slight overbite is normal, so i may not recommend anything at all!

In brief: I wouldn't

Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. William Forsythe