Can anyone give me their experiences from having cataract eye surgery?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Usually OK

I can only talk from the standpoint of one who performs this surgery.
If the only problem in the eye is a cataract, the results are usually excellent with restoration of normal visual function. All surgeries have risks, but cataract surgery is so well worked out that these risks are tiny. The procedure itself is usually painless, recovery is rapid and most can't wait to have the 2nd eye done.

In brief: Usually OK

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Typically patients

Describe it as fast, minimal pain, same day outpatient surgery with quick recovery if the surgery does smoothly.
Sometimes there is an increase in floaters or some mild irritation of the eye during early healing.

In brief: Typically patients

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Vicken Poochikian