When can I to to movie theater after a lasik eye surgery?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology

In brief: Same day

Using your eyes for normal activites will not disturb your lasik surgery.
There are very few restrictions after lasik, most doctors advise you to avoid rubbing the eyes and submerging the head in water for at least 2 weeks. As long as you are using your medications on time and lubricating the eye frequently, you can got to the movies the same day or the day after the procedure.

In brief: Same day

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: No restriction

You can go to the movie theater whenever you want after lasik.

In brief: No restriction

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Gary Turer
Ophthalmology

In brief: The next day

You can go the next day, although you may see halos around lights, or a star effect when visualizing lights.
I had lasik myself, and remember going very soon thereafter, and not having any problems.

In brief: The next day

Dr. Gary Turer
Dr. Gary Turer
Dr. Renee Bovelle
Ophthalmology

In brief: Usually the next day

Once you are feeling better it is fine to go the the movies.
You should still take the eye drops and artificial tears as suggeted by your surgeon. Most people are ok to go the the movies in the next day or two after surgery.

In brief: Usually the next day

Dr. Renee Bovelle
Dr. Renee Bovelle
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Next day

If your eyes feel comfortable, you can go to the movies the day after surgery of this type.
Some LASIK surgeons require several days of goggle wear, so you might wait until that period is over.

In brief: Next day

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger