I'm going in for a total hip replacement , how long should I wait to drive my car alone?

Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: 4-6 weeks

Once you are off narcotics and can walk with a cane, driving is usually safe.
It can be a little quicker for a left hip replacement.

In brief: 4-6 weeks

Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Feeling comfortable

It is really up to you.
.When you can sit and turn comfortably and at easy about driving, you should be fine. If you are not at ease, don't force yourself to drive as this may increase your risk of accident etc.. Let/ask someone to drive you if you are not up to it yet. Some people can do it in a matter of days, others a few weeks. So, take it day by day to see how you feel. Best of luck to you..

In brief: Feeling comfortable

It is really up to you.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Steven Seres