Is glycolic acid best for chemical peels ?

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It depends
Glycolics work fine if you only need a mild peel, or only have a limited amount of downtime.
Tca peels can do more, but require a longer recovery. The hetter (croton oil) peel is, in my opinion, tremendously powerful and useful, but has the longest recovery.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Better peels exist
The type of chemical peel used, will depend on the patient's skin type and the skin condition he/she is trying to improve as well as depth of peeling recommended or desired.
Nowadays peels are a combination of Alpha and beta hydroxy acids with added compounds like resorcinol, retinoic acid, etc to lighten, calm and hydrate the skin during recovery after the treatment.

In brief: Better peels exist
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Marsha Davis