For 1month knee pain and can spread to leg.Aches and hard to walk up and down stairs.Can be quiet dull or sharp.I'm not athletic 20 y/o.Cancer?Worried

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Doubtful

Cancer is statistically extremely unlikely.
Much more likely at your age would be conditions such as chondromalacia (wear and tear of the kneecap cartilage) or possibly cartilage wear and tear within the knee joint itself. I would recommend seeing a physician for evaluation since symptoms have been present for a month.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Richard Perlman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably not cancer

There are lots of reasons for knee pain, but cancer is very, very unlikely.
The most common reason in a sedentary 20 year-old female may be irritation of the back of the patella against the front of the thigh bone, but the only way to tell is by having your doctor examine you and possibly do x-rays. If pain is behind knee, then it may be a thrombosed vein, related to bcpills and needs md.

In brief: Probably not cancer

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine