Question about liposuction and buttock fat injection enhancement ? Cant they use silicone?

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Butt Augmentation
Butt enhancement is increasingly being done with fat injections.
Silicone implants for buttock augmentation are riddled with problems. In my own practice I have exclusively been performing the brazilian butt lift for at least 7 years. Silicone injections to the buttocks are not an option. They are not fda approved and dangerous. Dr. Ricardo rodriguez baltimore, maryland.

In brief: Butt Augmentation
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
Buttock implants are used in the US for enhancement.
Free silicone injection is not available in the US, and if someone says otherwise s/he is lying. Free silicone injections are not FDA approved.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Silicone injections
No! no! and no! people do inject silicone into buttocks but it is not legal and it is very dangerous.
In the last few months alone, there have been at least two fatalities that I am aware of and several permanent injuries from this. Liquid silicone can enter the large blood vessels in the butt and travel to the brain or lungs, causing death. Or it can become infected and cause draining boils.

In brief: Silicone injections
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Rodney Green
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Avoid silicone injections.
Silicon has been used for buttock augmentation, usually by nonmedical personnel.
This is extremely dangerous and has led to several deaths. Even the use of fat injections, which is the recommended technique does carry some risk and should be done by surgeons who are aware of the risks and are able to minimize these risks.

In brief: Avoid silicone injections.
Dr. Rodney Green
Dr. Rodney Green
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes but don't do it
This was quite popular in vegas in the 60's nbut was frought with complications.
It is still performed by practitioners in south and central ameerical but is not a popular or recommended approach here. Hydrogels may offer a safer but shorter lasting solution.

In brief: Yes but don't do it
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik