Can I get an eye exam and my prescription without seeing oph md?

Dr. Renee Bovelle
Ophthalmology
You can see an optometrist to get your glasses and contact lens presciption.
If you have diabetes, glaucoma or any other type of medical or surgical eye disease you should see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. Renee Bovelle
Dr. Renee Bovelle
Dr. Ron Lord
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery
In brief: Refraction & Exam
Simple answer no.
Prescriptions for glasses are regulated by the FDA and to buy lenses you need a current refraction. There are some new technologies out there than can determine the refractive state of a patient using a device and a smartphone app. But they are not used in the general public I don't believe.

In brief: Refraction & Exam
Simple answer no.
Dr. Ron Lord
Dr. Ron Lord
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
You could go to any retail place and get an 'eye' exam and prescription for glasses.
But don't be fooled into thinking that you are getting a medical eye exam--sometimes you do and sometimes you don't, really depends on the skill of the optometrist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Adam Smith