Can having arthritis in your c spine effect placement of an epidural?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
Although an epidural needle is placed between the bones of the neck it there is a lot of deformity from the arthritis, this can make the "target point" of the injection more difficult.
The standard of care for doing a cervical epidural is to do it with some type of radiologic guidance, typically an xray device . A well trained specialist will not perform it if he/she deems it too risky.

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Maybe
I assume you mean an epidural steroid injection.
An experienced specialist should be able to inject the steroid under x-ray guidance even if you have arthritis.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine