Can you get dementia from trauma?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Head trauma, yes

If you mean physical trauma, like a brain injury, the answer is clearly yes.
To the best of my knowledge, psychological or emotional trauma cannot cause dementia.

In brief: Head trauma, yes

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: YES; M. Ali,f'ball

Bump a bowl of jell-o.
After the bowl stops, the jell-o continues ! only to reverse course; back & forth. The bowl is your head, the jello is your brain.The veins between tear. Continuing this layering of permanent bits of brain death causes parkinson-like symptoms to pile up. So in time our macho ''heroes'' have greater tremors, lose speech, movement, balance;life. Very sad!

In brief: YES; M. Ali,f'ball

Bump a bowl of jell-o.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman