Whats the difference between concerta and ritalin (methylphenidate) and which drug is more powerful and effective?

They are the same. Concerta and Ritalin are both the same: methylphenidate. Concerta is just packaged differently; actually in a 'pump' which delivers 20%of the medication in the first 5 hours then the rest over the next 5 - 6 hours.
Methylphenidate. Concerta & Ritalin are different brands of methylphenidate, indicated for attention deficit disorder. Neither is more powerful or effective for everyone in every situation (like asking whether chevy, dodge or ford is better). I don't know about health system in kuwait, but in states, insurance companies often dictate which medication you get w/o paying extra. More important to get best for you.
Very similar. Both Concerta and Ritalin (methylphenidate) are brand names for methyphenidate, which is used to treat adhd. Neither is more powerful, neither is more effective. It is part of the art of medicine to base clinical decisions on science, while tailoring a specific medication to a specific individual. Each medicine is released differently in the body, and one may be better for you, but not somebody else.
Duration of action. Ritalin works for 4 hours on average. Concerta works for 6-8 hours on average. Both are methylphenidate, a stimulant. Interesting in learning more about add? Read "delivered from distraction." i recommend it to all my add patients as a basic education on add issues.
Similar & different. Concerta is a long acting form of generic Ritalin (methylphenidate). The amount of milligrams (mg) in the pill determines how powerful or effective it is. Too much medication may cause side effects. Each patient is different which is better.
Ritalin/Concerta. both belong to the Methyl Phenidate group of stimulants. Concerta is long-acting, while Ritalin (methylphenidate) can be immediate-release or slow release (Ritalin (methylphenidate)-SR).