Should I go to urgent care for the common cold?

ER/Urgent care abuse. A common cold is a viral infection with a short duration. Rest and drinking more fluids will help you through it. There is no need to go to an urgent care center or to the emergency room for treatment.
Probably not. If you truly just have a common cold, you should not require any treatment other than over the counter symptomatic treatment. However, if you have a high temperature, are short of breath, or have other unusual symptoms, you should get an exam to be sure you don't have something more than the common cold like pneumonia.