What are my chances of getting cervical cancer if my mom had it?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Cervical cancer
There is no well-established model of a genetic basis for cervical cancer.
Enviromental exposure/risk factors in developing cervical cancer include : early onset of sexual activity, multiple partners, high risk sexual partner ( known hpv), immunocompromised, history of std. The more risk factors the higher your risk to develop cervical cancer. A routine screening with papsmear is recommended.

In brief: Cervical cancer
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Marsha Davis
Your Mother having cervical cancer is not a risk factor for you at all. It comes from HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) that is shared from unprotected sex (even without penetration. Be careful whom you are close to without protetice barrier.
Pathology
In brief: Difficult to answer
Family history of a disease generally suggests greater susceptibility, however, I am unable to provide a figure.
What ever the chances, cervical cancer is preventable by regular pap examinations. Please keep up with your visit to the doctor for regular examinations and pap smear examinations.

In brief: Difficult to answer
Dr. Peter Kurzweil