What is a good stage to have bunion surgery? Early on?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Depends on symptoms

My recommendation is: if they bother you on a regular basis or..
. If it limits your activity, then surgery should be considered. Bunions are progressive problems....They don't get better, they only get worse. Meaning, you may be able to reduce the symptoms with better shoes, etc., but the structural deformity gradually gets worse. Dr l.

In brief: Depends on symptoms

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry

In brief: Bunion surgery

There are multiple types of bunion surgery.
.. And the surgical procedure, depends on the criteria ( biomechanics). I tell my patients to highly consider the surgery when the bunion starts to hurt....And conservative measures have failed.

In brief: Bunion surgery

Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn

In brief: When hurts

When unable to wear the shoes, when keep hurting frequently it time to see you surgeon to fix it !

In brief: When hurts

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao